Friday, April 4, 2014

About Me

My name is Kelsey Lawler. By the end of 2014 I will have earned a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey. I have had an interest in nature since I was a young kid. My relatives took me on a hike when I was 12 through Secret Mountain, Sedona, Arizona. (Part of the West Fork Trail I took as a kid) This area had some of the most amazing sites I had ever seen. The trip opened my eyes to the possibilities and the beauty that nature holds. Once I began my college career, I knew that I wanted to do something with my life that secured these natural assets for generations to come. My experiences at Stockton have given me the education and the tools to go forth and do just that.

The courses I have taken at Stockton have been relatively diverse yet connected in the environmental field. I have had environmental focuses in ecology, pollution and regulation, wildlife management, geology, physical geography, environmental issues, geography and various other science related courses. Each of these classes required me to do projects and papers related to that field of study. Many also had field experience labs that gave me practical and technical abilities.

My aspirations for the near future include spending as much time as possible learning about and working hands on with wildlife and forest ecosystems. Whether this time is spent volunteering, interning or actually working a professional job, matters little to me. What matters to me is getting experience actually utilizing and building on the skills I have learned in college which I can then bring to the environmental field. Further aspirations include attending graduate school and finding a purpose in the environmental field that serves more than myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment